Tuesday, December 12, 2017

POEM: MY TWO PIECE FAKING IT

MY TWO PIECE FAKING IT.

sometimes I want to slap "motivational " speakers in the mouth .

I dont know how y'all  except us to  to spew positivites all day round.

Then I remember I am one of them (not motivational speakers .nah I dont have Armani suuts. )

I am one of them "positive thinking people" (way to go Rachel Ray)

See I tell people : "make a list,be positive, dont stress it,have faith,yes you can! and a  whole lot of bright filled wonder working speeches. 

Do I belive these things I say?

Absolutely! 

But there are days I just want to break  out and scream.

Wo!

O re bodi 

Abeg abeg.

Sometimes I dont want to smile.

I want to break open a bottle of vodka,snuggle under the blanky,with cake on a plate,put my phone on airplane mode and watch Boston legal 4 seasons,marathon ,back to  back.

I dont want to read my bible,pray or speak  words. 

I want ro grumble,shout and complain.

I dont want to smile and nod

I want to say "no,I no sabi  am,abeg leave me alone".

I want to wear shorts and not comb my hair and wear dunlop slippers and go outside  (if they dont stone me,I would. PS; I live in Kano).

Shuoooo.

Its a hard life when you want to channel

"Young bossete" "mogulete" "wonder woman" "king woman"

Especially when you want to channel "clean legit hustle" "Christian woman" "proverbs 31 woman"

You cant openly admit the following

"I am broke Af" (reply : but you dey  hustle  na" or " you no get  boyfriend ?")

You cant say (with deep satisfaction I must add)

"Shut up b**ch (reply: "from a christian?")

God forbid you admit " i dont know what the f**k I am doing! (reply: " a whole you?" "na so she dey pretend" "boss like you")

God help me.

So I sip coffe,wear those heels (devilish things), wear make up (sighs), make the hair (help!) And fake it! 

I sha know we will make it.

Here is to sipping coffe and acting like you ontop the game even though the damn thing is whopping your butt.

We will get  there .

Off to fake  make it .







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews